Publicity consent and consent data protection rights
Royston in Blue may wish to tell your story and/or use your photograph or video in our published materials such as in our leaflets, Facebook or on our website. The charity may also wish to pass on your story, video and/or photograph on to the media such as your local newspaper, TV or radio station.
I also understand that whilst Royston in Blue makes every effort to ensure that all media coverage portrays interviewees in a positive way, the organisers do not have final control over how a journalist may portray you.
Royston in Blue (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions for entry and payment and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.roystoninblue.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site co.uk (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information that you provide when you register to use our site, complete an entry form for the fun run and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, health details, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with information on the Royston in Blue Fun Run;
- To provide you with information about other services or charitable fund raising activities we are undertaking;
- To notify you about changes to our services or fund raising activities;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- For promotional material for the fun run in this and future years.
- To fulfil gift aid requirements with the Charity and HM Revenue and Customs.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about our services and/or fund raising activities that may interest you or them;
- To promote the fun run in various ways in future years.Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Charities, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions for entry and payment and other agreements. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such proceeding by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at www.roystonblue.co.uk
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, other charities, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Entry Form Terms & Conditions
Entry includes an exclusive t-shirt; children’s sizes are 30” (age 7-10) and 34” (age 11-13) – adult sizes are S M L and XL (please be aware we cannot guarantee the availability of all sizes) which will be collected from the Royston Heath on designated days, watch out for these dates on our Facebook and Website.
If you are unable to collect on these dates, please allow enough time to collect on the day of the race. Sponsor forms can be downloaded from our website. At the end of the run/walk, you will be presented with a medal.
The run will take place at:
Therfield Heath, Baldock Road, Royston, Herts, SG8 5BG
Please ensure that if your child is under 14 there should be a responsible adult with them. The adult does not have to enter the run/walk. The race starts promptly at 11 am but come early for our aerobic warm up at 10.40am. Please send your completed entry form with cash/cheque made payable to “Royston in Blue” to 6 Kingston Vale, Royston, Herts, SG8 9UG no later than Friday 15th June 2018. After this date please call to reserve your place and collect your number and T-shirt on the day. Any further questions please contact Lisa Thompson on 07540 157200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By signing and returning this entry form you declare that you are aged 18 or over and to the best of your knowledge t to take part in the event and that you have no medical conditions that would endanger
you or others taking part. If in doubt you should consult your own GP. This is a multi-terrain event, you understand and accept that you will run/walk entirely at your own risk and that the organisers accept no liability for death, accident, injury, loss or damage to you or other participants that may arise before, during or after the event as a consequence of an entrants participation in the event. If an injury does occur please notify one of the event organisers or marshals immediately. We do not provide any personal insurance if you wish to take out such a policy then the organisers recommend that you seek professional advice. The organisers do not accept any liability or loss, theft or damage to any property whatsoever. If any terms herein are unenforceable they will be severable and the remaining terms will be enforceable. The following agreement has been put together to help you fundraise within the guidelines of the Charity Commission. The staff, volunteers and fundraisers are asked to uphold the reputation of the charity by adhering to the terms stated.
Please complete the form to show you agree with the terms, this must be completed and returned to Royston In Blue at the address above before you begin fundraising.
1. Use my best endeavours to raise funds for Royston in Blue and not to do anything to bring the Royston in Blue event in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust into disrepute.
2. Pay all monies raised in connection with my fundraising activity into Royston in Blue within 30 days.
3. Obtain approval from Royston in Blue for any material bearing the Royston in Blue name or logo that describes the work of the beneficiary charity prior to printing the distribution.
4. Ensure that all the material provided relating to the beneficiary charity Teenage Cancer Trust Includes the text “Registered Charity No 1062559/SC039757”.
Where does your money go?
All registration and individual sponsor money raised by Royston in Blue goes directly to Teenage Cancer Trust to help provide services across East Anglia. The Royston in Blue committee works hard to cover the cost of staging the run/walk through securing company sponsorship. However, the committee reserves the right to use part, or all of the entry fee to cover the cost.